763 articles in category
Page 1 of 26, Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 [Next]
- Ayodhya: A Letter to the Hindus
The battle for the Hindu identity won't be fought in the fields of Ayodhya. It should be fought in the fields of science, commerce, politics,
- What Do You Believe?
Self awareness leads to self confidence and when you know your self life automatically becomes more meaningful.
- Scientific Religion - A Paradox
I owe no scientific explanation for religious practices, since I owe no explanation I don't have to huddle.
- Photo Essay: St. Botolph without Bishopsgate Church in London
A photo essay on a church in the middle of the city of London
- Krishna's Temple of Shame
I did not have any regrets of not visiting the sanctum sanctorum, since the very purpose was defeated by such double standards.
- Photo Essay: The Ruins of the Winchester Palace
The ruins of an old Palace in London
- A Revolt Over Halal & Kosher Food in Harrow
Why I think Halal and Kosher food is just unacceptable and even worse is Harrow Council's inability to talk to parents
- The Religion of Humanity
When a child wails, do you hear Ram, or Allah, or Jesus?
- Photo Essay: Church of St. Stephens, Rochester Row
A curious little church tucked away into one of the small lanes of London
- Photo Essay: Third Church of Christ, Scientist
A church with an extraordinary history of its adherents
- On the Ban on Shivaji: Hindu king in Islamic India
Profanity & the Intellectual Fools! Nothing but the truth, the whole truth!
- A-vivek of N-Arundhati
When Narundhati treks through the jungles as a guest of Maoists, her biases ignore the blisters on her city feet.
- Archaeology and The Bible - Keep Them Separate
How do archaeology and the Bible fit together?
- All is not Well at AoL
These flamboyant gurus are not religious messiahs but entrepreneurs with uncanny business acumen.
- An Evening With Aurangzeb
What drives us to be so judgemental and conclusive without knowing the facts?
- Greek Synod Condemns Mass in Modern Greek
In this day and age, there are still people who complain about translations of religious texts.
- Is Burqa Banning Correct?
When a sovereign and prospering government like France does the unexpected, which many might term as a nasty piece of...
- A Road to Peace? Cracking the Qur'an Code
Is it possible, at this "five minutes to midnight" time we live in, to achieve peace in West Asia?
- Book Review: Yajnaseni - The Story of Draupadi
Pratibha's Draupadi/Yajnaseni/Krishnaa is a woman trapped by circumstances.
- Suprabhatam – The Dawn Prayer
On an impulse today, I looked up the lyrics of The Dawn Prayer - and found myself captivated.
- Book Review : The Immortals of Meluha
Set in 1900BC and operates on the premise that Shiva was a mortal, a simple man whom legend turned into God.
- Nawwab and I: Booooobquake Alert
Jen McCreight is going to cause global quakes to prove Sadeghi right.
- Book Review: The Indian Epics Retold
A Cliffs Notes to update the reader on all the major events and characters of the Ramayan and the Mahabharath.
- Book Review : In Search of Sita
Mythology in India is not just an academic or historical subject, it is a vital and living topic of contemporary relevance
- Bhagwat Purana Skandha Three, Part One – The Beginning of Creation
The story of creation as per the Bhagvata Purana's third Skandha
- Fiction: Hindu-Muslim Lagey Raho
They had now decided to join hands to emerge out of flopland and make a grand entry into hitnagar.
- Feasting Fasting
If you have to feast, do you HAVE to fast?
- Bhagwat Purana Skandha Two, Part Three – The Main Reincarnations Of Vishnu
The main reincarnations of Vishnu as enumerated in the Bhagwata Purana, Skandha Two.
- Bhagwat Purana Skandha Two, Part Two.
A purana review of the Bhagwata Purana, Skandha Two Part Two.
- Book Review: Bhagwata Purana, Skandha Two, Part One
A review of the Bhagwata Purana, Skhandha two, first of three parts
- Fallen Role Models - Keeping The Value
This kind of extreme reaction serves no one - not the media, not the people.
- Photo Essay: When I Am Gone – Harrow Cemetery
A photo essay on the local village cemetery
- Shri RamChandra Kripalu Bhajman (Prayer by Tulsidas, With Translation And Notes)
Introduction (for the initiated, for foreigners, for skeptics and for believers) Ramayana is the most important and influential epic...
- Shaikh Dr Tahir ul-Qadri Issues Anti-Terrorism Fatwa Without Teeth
Following the global anti-terrorism Fatwa launched in London it's time the public (including Muslims) question the motives of these "advisors".
- Bhagvata Purana, Skandha 1
I have to admit that I did not even know about this book till somebody told me that the Bhagvata Purana is also known as
- Movie Review: Dharm - Unfairly Snubbed
This film is not about the chaos that hatred leads us into but of the humanity that pulls us out of it, unscathed.
- Movie Review: My Name is Khan
The movie is very unkaranjoharly, and the most striking aspect is the simplicity of the story and its fluid narrative.
- The Book of Curiosities of the Sciences and Marvels for the Eyes
A review of an Egyptian book on science, astronomy, astrology and geography
- My Name Is Khan - Media Holds India Hostage
Over a period of an entire week, SRK emerged as new age India's freedom fighter against Sena and its goons.
- Lawyers Refusing to be Lawyers
The right to legal representation is one of the hallmarks of a civilised society. It is a shame that we do not do it well
- Hindu Nationalism in UK and the VHP
Looking for hindutva under every bed can lead to concussed occipital injuries.
- My God Cannot be The God
When I pondered over the point "GOD", I started seeing stars.
- Photo Essay: Victoria and Albert Museum, Part II
Books, sculpture and stairs at the Victoria and Albert Museum
- Solar Eclipse and the Haiti Earthquake
Question is the essence behind scientific discoveries, if brushed aside could become counterproductive to science.
- Fiction: Rockstar
I’ve just discovered a kink in my sexual make-up.
- Eclipsing the Eclipse
Solar and Lunar eclipses are usual occurrences and so also the controversies surrounding it.
- Photo Essay: Dakshnineshwar Kali Temple, Kolkata
The journey was a varied ones, passing through many versions of India, from colonial buildings to modern crowded streets.
- The Tree of Wishes
A book review of a book on the search for a book
- Egyptian Government Attempts To Prove Minarets Are Useful
They are important to Muslims? D’oh. Yes they are.
- Jesus-Era House Excavated in Nazareth
The discovery of a Jesus era house in Nazareth has excited the attention of many during Christmas time
- Book Review: The Difficulty of Being Good by Gurcharan Das
Have you ever thought what your Dharma is? When stuck in a dharma sankat, have you thought where the roots of the sankat can be?
- The Value of Surrender
It is only when the Mind chooses to surrender that peace will return on Earth.
- The Ways of the Mahatma
His lifestyle & principles seem more relevant and real, and an appropriate method to counter the madness that has taken over the world.
- Approaching Secularism of a Different Kind
We have to pay a high cost for what passes today in the name of "Secularism"
- For God's Sake
Pray because you believe, and then ask him for what you want.
- Travel Review: Sanchi & Around
A piece of history, which thrived, was lost, to be re-discovered by later generations, looking for their heritage.
- Vidyaarambham : Initiating Children to the World of Knowledge
The writing on rice grains symbolizes acquisition of knowledge that leads to prosperity.
- Book Review: The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
It suffers from an unbearable awareness of its assumed self-importance, and tries too hard to conform to expectations.