32 articles in category
Page 1 of 2, Go to page: 1, 2 [Next]
- Commonwealth Games 2010: Incompetent and Deceptive
Uncomfortable but mandatory questions need to be answered in a hurry.
- The Common Shame Games of India
Could the cause be lack of portable loos near construction sites or just plain resentment on the part of the poor overworked labour class?
- Why Are We So Pathetic As A Sporting Nation?
We were pathetic as a sporting nation when we were kids and would remain so even when our great-grandchildren would be doing their graduation.
- The End of Cricket? Match-Fixing Allegations Tarnish Pakistan
Venal filth has transformed this game of gentlemen into something tawdry and flawed.
- Defending The Indefensible
What do you do when you are caught with your pants down?
- Tharoor, Sania, IPL, and Other National Distractions
People in public office should focus their attention on matters of public concern rather than being a constant distraction, twittering their foibles or phoning them
- Why is Billion Strong India a Laggard in Sports?
If Indian sportsmen still manage to win so many accolades, it is not because of the system, it is despite the system
- Rio de Janeiro,2016 - Delhi-2020?
Former president Kalam wrote a book India 2020 calling India to modernise itself by 2020. That could be the time announce to the world by
- How Good are the Preparations for the Commonwealth Games?
Tentative, no absolute words of confidence.
- 10 Reasons Why India Lost And Who Is Responsible!
From an MSD Fan.
- Bangladesh And The "Globalization" of Cricket
Bangladesh is Test Cricket's newest exponent. It is also, unarguably, the worst of all time.
- In a Land of a Billion
The ultimate "winner" is one who knows his skill is matched with strategy
- Indian Hockey Federation Suspended by Indian Olympic Association - Games We Play
No nation in the world plays as many sports disciplines as we do with official blessings.
- India-Australia Cricket Controversy - Move On Please!
If the reception turns hostile at Australia, God help the Aussies when they come to a cricket mad India later this year.
- The Future of Indian Cricket
Replacements for greats must be developed; everybody won't be as lucky as the guy that picked Sourav-Dravid for England 1996
- The Spirit of the Game
The few cricketers like Kumble who actually want to do something are fighting a losing battle
- India vs. Australia: Cricket & Race
Something good may still emerge.
- A Tale of Three Catches: The Case Against Ricky Ponting & Mike Procter
The Sydney Test will be remembered - the Cricket, the Umpiring and Ricky Ponting. Not necessarily in that order.
- India vs. Australia: Rumble Down Under
Anticipating 0-4 in Australia unless weather intervenes or players spend more time practicing on bouncer-friendly pitches.
- Cricket Selectors - Muppets Headed by a Joker?
There seems to be a default view that the selectors are stupid and/or dishonest.
- Is Twenty20 the Future of Cricket?
The sustenance of any sport depends on the needs and wants of its key stakeholders.
- Twenty20 - An Anti-Cricket Mishap
Is Cricket shooting itself in the foot with Twenty20?
- Rahul Dravid's Resignation - A Bolt from The Blue!
It is to his credit that he has the foresight to check himself and take stock.
- Santhi Soundarajan: Sport, Gender and Suicide in India
She didnít step off that ledge; she was pushed off it. And everybody looked the other way
- Cricket: The ICL and BCCI Standoff
Had BCCI not been as successful as it is, ICL would probably have had no competition.
- BCCI vs. ICL: A Walkover Looms
We might just be treated to a competition run by people who care as much for the sport as they do for their bank accounts.
- Changes to the ODI Laws
What is it they say about a camel being a horse designed by committee?
- Why Kapil Dev is Wrong and BCCI Correct
There is no doubt that holding positions in both the BCCI and the ICL is a conflict of interest
- Cricket India: Graham Ford to BCCI - "No, Thank You!"
Indian cricket continues to entertain albeit in ways painful to those who love it most
- Is The Cricket Boom Over?
It is about time we held our head up high in other sports