AADHAR CARD: A Document of Identity
Aadhar card is well accepted as the Identity proof, Address Proof as well as proof of date of birth in India. Moreover, you can link your Aadhar card with bank accounts to avail many privileges like subsidy on gas connection, life insurance cover, etc.
Looking at the importance of the Aadhar Card, it is necessary that the details and information provided in Aadhar card should be correct and updated, false or incomplete information can lead you in unnecessary problems. But as we all are human beings, sometimes due to typing mistake or any other reason the details in the Aadhar Card can be partially or fully wrong, there various information provided in the any mistake in name, father’s name address, or any other details can create problems. So, in case the information provided in the card is inappropriate is some way, you need to make correct in aadhar card as soon as possible.
Now you can easily make necessary changes in the details of Aadhar card, correction can be made online. Card holder can update the following details-
- Date of Birth
- Registered Address
- Registered phone number
How to make corrections in Aadhar Card
The card holders have to follow these steps for making the desired corrections-
- Login to the ‘self service portal’ on the Aadhar card online portal.
- Fill the 12 digit UID code and One Time Password, which you will receive on the registered mobile number
- Select the field which you want to update
- Fill the correct/ updated information in English and in your regional language.
- Upload the self-attested document as proof for the updated information
- Click on submit option given below
- Pen down the request number, which will prove help you to track down the changes in future.
Once the desired changes are updated, the concerned authority starts the verification of the information to cross check whether the provided details are genuine and mandatory or not if everything sets into the correct slot, the authority will update the latest information in the database and the updated Aadhar card will be sent to you by post.
You can also make changes offline, for that you need to send the Application for correction supported by the relevant document as proof through the registered post.
we hope that the readers found this article relevant and useful. In case you have any queries related to the topic, write us in the comment box. Our team will get back to you.